The vessel was built in 1981 to operate in the Norwegian fjords carrying mixed cargos to
the isolated communities of the region. Purchased in 1989 by the Isles of Scilly Steamship
Company, Gry Maritha continues her role as a mixed cargo carrier/ferry between Penzance in
Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly. The vessel carries all the fuel
requirements of the islands by means of transportable fuel tanks on the deck
restrained in fixtures alongside the folding hatches, loaded and unloaded by
the deck crane. At the rear, the deck is further strengthened to accept
standard containers. On the model the deck crane is non functional. The hatch covers can
be made as a one-piece removable unit, or to fold back and hinge open as on the full-size vessel. This
kit is recommended for the
more experienced model maker.
- a detailed glassfibre hull.
- prop-shafts and rudders (propellers available at
- a set of over 400 cast metal fittings including cast metal stanchions. Rod
moulded styrene lifeboat, liferafts and cowl tops
- a large crane and an anchor winch in kit form
a set of waterslide transfers and self-adhesive decals
- assembly instructions, general arrangement drawings and photos of the
- templates for the deck, hatches, crane, s/s and wheelhouse, and a material pack consisting of a selection of
The kit is available with or without the material pack (for
those who wish to use materials of their choice).
For Price and Availability, Tel.
+44 (0) 1226 715576 - or email us.